Blended Learning is an approach that brings together the best of both face-to-face and online strategies.
This combination aims to build from each approach to create an innovative and effective learning experience for students.
Blended Model involves:
- Student choices for pacing and products
- Technology is infused
- Flexibility for scheduling
- Personalization through adaptive release and student choice
Students will be involved in:
- Student Presentation Nights
- Career/Business PBL and presentations
- Blended Learning Math and Reading Nights (Ex. Digital storytelling, Apps. SmackDown)
- Blended Learning Approach
- Project/Problem Based Learning
- SAMR and TPAC training
- Teacher Blended Learning observations at master schools
Meet the Blended Learning Coach:
My name is Stacey Mrazek and I am Shuford Elementary's Blended Learning Coach. I was a classroom teacher for eight years and this is my second year as the Blended Learning Coach. I graduated from Slippery Rock University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania with an Undergraduate Degree in Elementary Education. I continued my schooling through Appalachian State University earning my Master's Degree in Curriculum and Instruction in 2013. Currently I am completing my Blended Learning Certificate through Lenoir Rhyne University. I am so excited to be part of the Blended Learning initiative here at Shuford Elementary. If you ever have any questions or would like to learn more about what we have going on here please don't hesitate to call me or send me an email!